Archive for the ‘Movies’ Category
ALL OF THEM WERE FANTASTIC! Let me give you the breakdown review for each movie.
Notorious – “we are…we are…” I loved every aspect of this movie. Jamal Woolard was exceptional, as well as little Christopher Wallace, Jr. The movie is told in first person by ‘Biggie’. It really depicts how he grew and the type of life he lived prior to his fame up to his death. They even show footage from the day of his funeral and how his mother had him go through Brooklyn before the cemetery. You can hear Hypnotize in the background. It was just a great movie and I think all of the Bad Boy artists are portrayed to a dot – especially the man who played Diddy. He danced liked him, if you can call that dancing! (img from concreteloop)
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans – My only gripe about watching this movie is that I’ve never seen the other two Underworlds. Since the Rise of the Lycans is a prequal, my friends assured me that I wasn’t missing much. As you all my know I love Twilight, but this movie was completely different in a great way – I think I just love vampires! The action scenes and the cinematography were off the charts! If you haven’t seen the other two Underworlds like me, this will make you want, too! (img from mimg.sulekha)
Slumdog Millionaire – I now know why it’s been deemed Oscar-worthy! This movie captured my heart with the storyline and characters. I loved how they showed aspects of a country that are normally not portrayed in regular movies (i.e. the actual slums of India). At the same time, the people who live in these slums – despite their hardships – portrayed a positive spirit like no other. I didn’t cry, but there were definitely parts of the movie that was just ‘wow’.
MaR_advice: If you’re not sure of which movie to watch, go see them all!
The New Year has rung and there’s already so much to talk about in the entertainment industry. Here’s my roundup:
- R.I.P Jett Travolta. It’s tragic death, but we can just hope he’s in a better place where he doesn’t have to suffer.
- For those who don’t know, I’m in love with Stephenie Meyer’s book series of Twilight. Since the first movie was a big hit, the second – New Moon should be, too. But forreals, Vanessa Hudgens playing Leah Clearwater? I don’t know about that. At least Taylor Launter is officially still going to be Jacob. Yay!
- Goodbye, MacWorld. New changes for Mac users! BTW, I heard the keynote sucked – even if Steve Jobs himself were to speak. Thoughts for those who watched?
- Rumors are floating around that Rihanna and Chris Brown are engaged! But are they really?
MaR_advice: If you have any more entertainment news/gossip to share, please do. Have a lovely, Thursday and friends don’t let friends drive drunk.
Taylor Launter, I can’t wait until you’re 18.
During my vacation in South Carolina (I went to celebrate the New Year after my trip to Disney/Universal), my bf, siblings, and cousin and I went to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
I was a little adamant about watching the movie because I didn’t want to picture how Brad Pitt would look old. I know, crazy because he’ll eventually become old…but he’s still hot. (img from teamsugar)
I cried three times. I didn’t ball my eyes out, but I slickly hid my tears (I’m slick if Christian couldn’t even notice that I was crying or whipping my tears on my sleeve).
The concept and the story exemplified a timeless romance (get it?…hehe). It was just wonderful. Brad Pitt shows his comedic side and Cate Blanchett is just riveting with her dancing talents. The special effects were great and I hope they use the tools for New Moon.
As I often say, I can’t and don’t want to ruin the movie for others by diving too deep into the story, so just go and watch. It was worth the three hours – even Biden’s couldn’t see it because the movie packs the theaters!
MaR_advice: This too is a great date movie. Guys – girls will definitely shed a tear sometime during the movie, it would be an excellent chance to be that “shoulder to cry on.” Wink wink, nudge nudge. Just helpin’ you out!
- RIP Scott Ruffalo. Our hearts go out to you and your family! (img from inquistr)
- Bobby Brown’s book, “The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But…” came out yesterday. Of course he dishes about his marriage with Whitney. I see some drama ah brewin’.
- Grey’s Anatomy star, T.R. Knight wants to leave the show! According to In Touch, he requested a release of his contract and ABC is not hesitating to give him what he wants. Is T.R. being a divo?
- It’s been almost three weeks since the release of the movie Twilight and we all know Summit is gearing up for the sequel, New Moon. Who else wouldn’t be excited about this news!?!?! I mean, they got more money for the sequel, they’re hiring another producer (Hardwicke stepped down) and fans are excited to see more of Jacob, but Summit doesn’t think Taylor Launter is the one. Um…more drama say wah?
- MaR_advice: As always, think before you speak and think before you act. You can end up spilling your guts about your life and later regret it, stir up drama, or even hurt a loved one.
I’m all about movies and action movies are one of my top three genres. Last Friday I watched Transporter 3 and I have to give you my review.
First off, Jason Statham (the protagonist of the movie) is HOTT – just look at him with his shirt off. OK, back to the movie. Jason plays Frank Martin, a professional transporter who delivers very valuable packages without asking questions in an awesome and highly equipped Audi. (img from popwrap)
This time around, Frank is forced to deliver a package that could mean life or death for him.
Action>> Transporter 3 has it! The movie is jam packed with fighting and of course – lots of car chase scenes.
Accent>> Barely any Americans in this movie. Lots of Ukrainians, a Frenchman and of course..a Brit. Love accents!
I’m only going to give those two assessments of the movie because I don’t want to spoil it for those who want to see the movie!
Overall, I think you should go see Transporter 3. If you liked the first two movies, you’ll probably enjoy this.
MaR_advice: Guys, don’t be afraid to take your woman to watch it. I think this is a good date movie that both of you can appreciate.
Just for you..and the picture is for me =)
The Hills infamous love -or- hate ’em couple, Heidi and Spencer, tied the knot this past weekend in sunny Mexico. I guess Spencer thought he wasn’t in the media enough…seriously – does Heidi NOT watch The Hills?!
Janet Jackson preggars!? It’s been a long time coming for her and JD. Congrats!
Are you prepared to watch one of the biggest boxing matches in history this Saturday!? Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao = exciting fight!
Sorry girls, Rob Pattinson – star of Twilight – is not looking for a girlfriend! *sigh*…maybe he’s really waiting for Kristen to dump Michael? They are working together for the next Twilight series movies…hmmm
MaR_advice: The end of the year brings some craziness for celebrities. Why can’t we hear of them doing good deeds? If you have news about celebrities helping others, please send it over: email@example.com
I’m not an avid reader. In fact, before the Twilight Saga, I don’t even remember the last book I read. Pretty sad, huh?
Well my little sisters kept talking about the Twilight Saga, and when one of them started naming her electronics ‘Rosalie’ and ‘Emmett’, I was like…what’s up with these books?
Then I saw the movie trailer AND after my sister threatened to read the entire book to me while I drove her back to VCU, I decided I needed to would just read Twilight.
It kind of started slow for me. I wasn’t very interested with Bella and I knew the premise of the book already (my sisters told me a little bit). After the first book, I went crazy and bought the whole series. I couldn’t wait anymore.
Twilight is beyond the realm of a teenage audience. I have plenty of friends my age (18 and up) who’ve read the series, too. Stephenie Meyer (the img was taking from her site) is a genius. Twilight is a wonderful book and I recommend you read it. The fascination of the whole series is well deserved…and once you start reading you’ll understand why.
MaR_advice: The movie comes out this Friday. I suggest if you want to watch this movie to purchase your tickets ASAP and makes sure you’ve read the book! I heard over 500 shows are already sold out!